Neither Pure Nor Wise Nor Good

Currently inactive, but I may come back to this format one day.

Monday, May 29, 2006

No Right Angles

It starts as you come around the curve on 14th Avenue. There's this shape looming up over the Bach Wing of the Denver Art Museum.










And then you get to the plaza in front of the library, and you see more.





And then there you are.

I admit it, I love the new Hamilton Wing of the Denver Art Museum. I know all the arguments against this kind of architecture, but I love it anyway. It's gorgeous, and when you stand on the other side of 13th from it, and look up, it fills the sky. And it's gorgeous.



It points to the old building--the one that two generations of Denverites have never emotionally embraced (although I've loved it from the time I was 10 years old).







And I can't wait for it to open....five more months.

That's all. I just wanted to share these photos, taken this morning, with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home